Friday 10 January 2014

How to: Make your own Gift-tags

This post, as you may be able to tell from the title, is a little different to anything I've done on here before. As Christmas has now passed and all of the decorations have been put away, something I like to do (along with my family) is to 're-cycle' the Christmas cards and turn them into gift-tags for the next Christmas. I know this post  might not be appropriate to some of you right now as Christmas was a few weeks ago now and most of you have probably thrown out or put away or whatever you usually do to your cards. But, you could use this idea not only for Christmas but birthdays or whatever other occasion too!


A photo of the gift tags I made this year
The gift-tags I made this year.

How?
There aren't any 'rules' on how to do this, you could use you own ideas but this is how I make them...


                                                   What you'll need:
                                                  Cards
                                                 Ribbon
                                               Hole puncher
                                                 Stapler
                                 Fancy craft scissors (or plain scissors)
How-to:
  1. Simply pick out from your selection of cards the ones which you want to use. Some cards which are scenic or are too large you probably won't want to use, unless you want to make really big tags.
  2. Cut out the part you want to use as the gift-tag whether it's a robin, snow man, Santa, etc. I use craft scissors which leave a nice frilly cut around the edge of the gift-tag but you can use any type of scissors that you want.
  3. Next you'll need to use a hole puncher and make a hole in the top/side of each one.
  4. For this next part I use ribbons which you usually use to decorate presents with. You don't have to use these you could use other types of ribbons, lace, string or whatever you want.
  5. And the last step is to staple the end of the ribbon and there you have your finished gift-tags!


A photo of a Squirrel gift-tagA photo of a Christmas bell gift-tag

A photo of a Robin gift-tag

Let me know what you think of this type of posts and if you'd like to see more random (or fashion/hair/beauty) how-to's.
I hope you liked it!


Abigail x

2 comments:

  1. Aw they're adorable I'll definitely have to try this at a birthday or next Christmas!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.