Monday 10 February 2014

Nougat London Bath Truffles

Being home from uni has many benefits, one of those benefits being... baths. Everyone loves a Lush bath bomb but as I recently received one from another brand in the Beauty Box Swap that I did with Tania (read more about that here) I thought I'd give this one a go!


This Nougat London 'bath truffle' in peony is available here for £3.00, which could be seen as a little bit expensive for the size that you're getting compared to the big Lush bath bombs but you do get the nice little trinket bag too. As soon as I smelt this I knew it was going to be nice to use and I couldn't wait to be around a bath again to use it.

I did think from these crystals you can see in the photos (above) that they'd be the kind to sink to the bottom of your bath and not dissolve at all. However, this wasn't the case as every last part dissolved and left a silky smooth feel to the water. The smell of the bath bomb wasn't as noticeable once it had dissolved which I think I'll be putting down to the size of it although some of you might prefer a weaker scent anyway.


You can just about see the bubbles it created when I first put it into the bath from the photo above (sorry about the quality, I was using my phone) and it didn't really make much of a change to the colour or look of the water at all which doesn't really bother me although I did have to add a little bit of body wash to the bath just to give it a few bubbles (bubble baths were always the best)! One thing that this 'bath truffle' does do noticeably well however, is make your skin feel a lot better. Now, I'm not one who is too bothered about oily baths, I know some people love them and some hate them but this is where I tend to sit on the line between the two. This does create quite a lot of oil for it's size I thought (but maybe that's because I haven't really used an oily based bath bomb for a while) and when you get out and moisturize etc. I really did feel the difference, my skin felt so soft! I'm now thinking of purchasing some more of these for when I come home next, maybe in some other scents too.


What are your favourite bath bombs to use?


Abigail x

4 comments:

  1. I really want to get one for myself now! After I bought it for you and smelt it, I felt the need! Glad you liked it :)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so luxurious I love anything like this and I love LUSH bathbombs so this would be right up my street :D x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Damaris £100 Lingerie Giveaway! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already gone out to get some from lush since using this :) x

      Delete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.