Wednesday 9 September 2015

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara Review


In my recent Boots Haul I re-purchased the Revlon Lash Potion mascara in 'Blackest Black' for £9.99. When it comes to mascaras I always like to try out new ones rather than going back for the same product like I would usually with something like foundation or concealer. This mascara however I absolutely love and haven't seen another as of yet which I can see myself buying instead of this beauty. Not only do I love the mascara itself but the packaging is so bright and sparkly, it stands out in my makeup collection and who doesn't like nice packaging to look at?


When I'm buying mascara I always go for the darkest shade, this 'blackest black' is the darkest amongst the other options Revlon have such as 'blackened brown' and I think it looks so much better as my eyelashes without mascara can look a little dull in colour as well as length. The brush has 'triple bristles' to prevent clumps which I much prefer to the rubber wands and brushes and I've noticed that although there is sometimes a clump of mascara at the tip of the brush that my eyelashes still remain to be clump free!


As you can see from the before and after photos, this mascara has made a big difference to my lashes, and this is with just the one application. I know some people like to wait for it to dry before applying another layer but this is something that I rarely do myself. As well as the dramatic colour difference to my lashes you can also see the length that it adds. If you're looking for a lot of volume to your lashes I maybe wouldn't recommend this mascara but as a very good every day mascara and especially if you want to add length I would completely recommend this one. I've also just noticed it's still 2 for £10 on some Revlon items so that's even more of an excuse, right?




Follow

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I'm currently using a Revlon mascara and I love it. I'm the same as you, I only repurchase the Mac gigablack lash for my bottom lashes but I'll always pick up a new mascara to try something different.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a Mac one before, thank you x

      Delete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.