Sunday 13 September 2015

Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe

I've been wanting to make Funfetti cupcakes for a while now and after watching Zoella's Video here, I wanted to even more. So seen as hers worked out so well I decided to use her exact recipe! I usually change something about a recipe slightly each time I bake something but this time it was only accidental. I wanted the brightest coloured sprinkles they had in the supermarket but what I didn't realise until I got home was that they were also sour flavoured! They still turned out okay, well pretty good actually and you could only taste it on the ones on top a little bit and not on the ones inside the cupcakes so panic over they still worked.



This recipe makes 12 Funfetti Cupcakes!




Cupcake Ingredients:

125g caster sugar
125g self raising flour
2 large free range eggs
125g unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 ½ tablespoons of milk
¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Sprinkles


Method:

1. Pre-Heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
2. Add the sugar, flour, eggs, butter and bicarbonate of soda to a bowl and mix together well with a blender or mixer.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix together again.
4. Now you can add as many brightly coloured sprinkles as you like, I couldn't make my mind up so I kept adding until it looked like a good amount. Blend these in to the cake mix and add to the cupcake cases in a cake/muffin baking tray.
5. Put them in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.




Butter Cream Icing Ingredients:


335g icing sugar

150g unsalted butter
1- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract

Sprinkles on the top


Method:

1. Whilst allowing the cupcakes to completely cool, add the butter to a bowl and mix well until the butter seems lighter.
2. Add the icing sugar in slowly, a bit at a time not all at once and mix well.
3. The icing will be quite thick now so you will need to add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Then add the icing to a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cakes.
5. Don't forget to decorate with the rest of the sprinkles and you'll have some fabulous looking funfetti cupcakes!





Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.