Sunday 19 April 2015

Chocolate Brownies Recipe

Mother's Day was quite a while ago now, which shows just how long I've been meaning to write this post for. For Mother's Day my brother and I decided to bake some chocolate brownies. I've attempted to bake brownies before but they've never gone quite right and turned out quite cakey, so as I thought these have gone the best so far I thought I'd share the recipe with you all.



I think where I may have gone wrong when making them previously from other recipe's is that I don't remember ever adding ingredients such as nuts and vanilla, which I think made a big difference, although these aren't necessary at all - especially if you're allergic to nuts!

Ingredients:

  • 140g dark chocolate
  • 140g butter
  • 175g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 115g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 55g walnuts
  • Ice cream

They also tasted just as good with ice cream as they did without, but as our first tasting of them after our meal we had ice cream on top which went well especially as the brownie was still warm.

Method:

  • Firstly, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4)
  • Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over the saucepan of water, then set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar.
  • Then in another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Then fold the egg egg and sugar mixture into this and add the vanilla, chocolate and chopped nuts.
  • Mix well together and then add to the tin and place in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes (although I didn't need quite this long for mine, more of 15-20 minutes)
  • When they're done set them aside to cool slightly and cut into squares and you're ready to go!


There you should have your perfect brownies - even if they don't look perfect I bet they taste it! Let me know if you decide to use this recipe as I'd love to see how they turn out or if you have a favourite chocolate brownie recipe, I wouldn't say no to making some more!

Abigail x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.