Sunday 22 March 2015

Easy-Peasy Banoffee Pie Recipe


Apologies for the terrible lighting in these photos but the sun decided it was going to make an appearance the day I wanted to take some blog photos (and eat this of course) and my window ledge seems to be the only suitable place to do so at the moment. Banoffee Pie has been on my 'baking list' for quite a while and after helping a friend to make it I wanted to make it for myself even more, and it was definitely worth the wait - it tasted soooo good.

Ingredients:
  • 250g digestive biscuits (crushed)
  • 100g butter (melted)
  • 397g can of Carnation caramel
  • 4 small bananas
  • 300ml whipping cream (whipped)
  • Grated chocolate or chocolate sprinkles to decorate



Method:
  1. Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a pan (I used a masher to crush the biscuits - the student way)
  2. Then press them into the base of a tin and stick in the fridge for 10 minutes.
  3. Within these 10 minutes you can whip the cream with a whisk and slice the bananas
  4. Then spread the caramel over the biscuit base
  5. Add the slices of banana on top followed by the whipped cream and grated/sprinkles of chocolate
  6. Then chill until ready to serve and you have a masterpiece of a banoffee pie! 



I think I definitely need to make this again sometime, it's so easy and delicious. Let me know if any of you make it, I'd love to see some pictures. You can tweet me at @AbigailsWorld94 or send me an e-mail at abbie8694@gmail.com.

Abigail x

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! :) I will have to use this recipe to make this for my Grandma she loves banoffee haha :) Great post!
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to make too, this was my first attempt. It was definitely yummy too! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I will definitely be trying this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.