Friday 2 January 2015

Spinach and Egg Cups



I've never written a food related post before let alone a recipe I made up myself but here goes! I first saw something similar to these spinach and egg cups on pinterest here. I was looking for something to make which included both eggs and spinach for breakfast when I cam across this link, but as I'm not a fan of mushrooms I decided to give it my own twist. If you wanted to re-create this with your own ingredients too, let me know what you decide to use!



So, firstly the ingredients which I used were:
  • eggs
  • spinach
  • bacon
  • red onion
  • salt & pepper
Firstly I boiled the spinach for a little while until it looked slightly wilted (you don't want to do it for too long). At the same time I fried the bacon and red onion so they were mostly cooked before putting them in the oven. I then cracked the eggs into a bowl and added the spinach and bacon and onion.




I wasn't sure how many eggs and whatnot to use so I just had to guess with it being the first time of making these, and I ended up with 8 cups from using 5 medium eggs. I also added salt and pepper to the bowl to taste (I just love pepper) and mixed it all together. I put them in the oven for around 10-15 minutes and I was surprised at just how quickly they cooked!


And ta-daaaaa! I was really impressed with these little cups they tasted amazing, even if i do say so myself. 

Let me know if you decide to re-create the recipe or have written any recipe posts yourself!


Abigail x

5 comments:

  1. They look fab- great recipe post! It's so fun to just create your own dishes, especially if they turn out as well as these have :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and so glad I did as these look delish! I'm always on the hunt for healthy but quick recipes and these look perfect!

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Stay tuned to hopefully see more soon :)

      Delete
  3. I'll have to give this a try :)

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.