Sunday 18 January 2015

My 100th Post - No.7 2014 Illuminated Make-up Mirror Review

Last night I realised that this next post will be my 100th blog post! I can't quite believe that I've written that many posts in just over a year and a half. Sometimes I've had quite long breaks from blogging from either being just too busy to write posts or have a block from writing and not knowing what to write about next or even thinking that you're doing something wrong when you lose a couple of followers. Since the new year however, I have gotten back into blogging - with a change of name, domain and finally blogging about what I want without writing posts just because I felt I needed to. So hopefully I can now stick to uploading posts twice a week (every Sunday and Wednesday). And seen as it's my 100th post I decided to post a review, which I haven't done for a long long time and kind of miss writing them.


The Boots No.7 Illuminated mirror is something that I've lusted after for many years, and once I heard that they'd upgraded their mirror to a special '2014' edition I wanted it even more. It's only available from boots here, for £49.99 (although I treated myself to this in the sales for just £19.99). The reason I finally decided to purchase this mirror is due to getting up every day at 6am for work and at this time of year it is still so so dark that there's no day light and the light in my room doesn't help me much in applying my makeup.


After using this mirror for the first time I knew it was going to be one of my favourite purchases, and I can't believe how much of a bargain I managed to get it for! It's absolutely brilliant, I knew it was going to be good but I didn't know it could be this good. With the 360 degree light around the mirror you can see so clearly, the dimmer switch also allows you to choose how bright you want the mirror to be illuminated, depending on how light your room is or your personal preference.

There is also a ball point joint (if you get what I mean - top left photo) which enables you to be able to tilt the mirror back and forth and from side to side. It is also how you can turn the mirror around to the other side which is 5X more magnified which is incredibly clear! I tend to use the normal side much more but I find the magnified side makes doing your eyebrows and applying eyeliner A LOT easier.

After using this for around two weeks now I can't even believe how I coped applying my make-up before without this, it was so dark! Another plus is that it has a cable that you plug into the back of the base of the mirror and into the wall which saves on batteries too!


Abigail x

11 comments:

  1. I got this exact mirror myself recently! It's literally the best buy! Great post too :) x

    Georgina
    http://marfmallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to get this mirror for the longest time - I didn't realise it had a little dimmer switch either which just makes me wanna buy it even more haha!
    Zelda | OhZelda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it even better because you don't want it too bright all of the time xx

      Delete
  3. I've got a magnified one and I din't realise how bad my eyebrows were!! I think one would with a light looks brilliant though, sometimes my ceiling light just isn't bright enough!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly my problem too - now I have no excuse for not getting my makeup spot on haha x

      Delete
  4. I have this mirror but it's so old the bulb has gone :( Although mine didn't have a dimmer switch... If it's only £19.99 I am definitely going to have to just purchase a new one!
    Alice xo
    www.shesthunderstorms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's gone up to £49.99 now after the sales unfortunately, but still think of those boots points you'd collect hah xx

      Delete
  5. Great blog post !!! had a great read !!

    love your blog !!


    would love to see you over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a nice day

    Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.