Sunday 11 January 2015

Quick & Easy Chocolate Orange Cake


Christmas is a time when we usually receive quite a few boxes of chocolates, so over the Christmas holidays this last year I decided to be a bit more creative and make something with some of them. So here's my recipe for a Terry's Chocolate Orange Cake! I didn't really know how to go about making this so I found a recipe for a microwave chocolate cake and just swapped the cocoa powder ingredients for the melted chocolate.


Ingredients:
  • 100g Margerine
  • 75g Self-Raising Flour
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 2 tbls Water
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange

Method:

In one bowl I broke up the chocolate and put in the microwave for a couple of minutes until it had melted, and in the other bowl I added all of the other ingredients together. When the chocolate had melted I added it all to the bowl with the other ingredients in and whisked them together.



I cooked my cake in the microwave on high power for 6 minutes, which was what the original recipe suggested. Although some microwaves may need more or less time, it worked pretty well for mine despite how messy it looks.


Then simply turn it upside down onto a plate and ta-daa, I also added cream but that's totally up to you!

Let me know if you like to make anything in-particular with your Christmas chocolates. You can see some other yummy recipes I wouldn't mind making on my pinterest board here.


Abigail x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this looks SO yummy!! I am definitely going to try this!

    Beth | bonjourbeth.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Let me know how it turns out xx

      Delete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.