Wednesday 14 September 2016

Recipe: Pineapple upside down cake

It's that time of the week again.. GBBO night! So of course here is another recipe that I made lately, I actually made this last week when I didn't manage to upload the post (ooops) but I'm starting to get use to baking every week! So for this weeks recipe I thought I'd bake something I've never tried before and that is a pineapple upside down cake from the recipe book Tanya Bakes, by Tanya Burr. I may have to do a separate review of this recipe book because it is SO good. Almost everything you could ever want to bake and more is in this book so it took me a while to decide what to bake first.




Ingredients:

150g butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
6 slices tinned pineapple
150g golden caster sugar
2 eggs
150g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
60ml pineapple juice (leftover from the tin of pineapple slices)

Method:

1. Firstly preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6. Grease the cake tin with some spare butter and microwave the golden syrup for 20 seconds and add it to the cake tin, covering the bottom.

2. Dry the pineapple rings slightly with kitchen paper and lay in the bottom of the cake tin. In Tanya's recipe she added glace cherries too but I decided not to along with a splash of rum.

3. Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl before beating in the eggs. Then add the flour and baking powder before slowly adding the pineapple juice and beat the mixture again.

4. Pour the cake mixture on top of the pineapple in the cake tin, smooth over and bake for 30-35 mins until risen and golden. Turn the cake out onto a plate and ta-daaa, pineapple upside down cake.




I hope you enjoyed reading this post and maybe even creating this recipe. Let's hope I can keep up all of this baking through this series of bake-off. Who knows what the Great British Bake Off will be like next year after this weeks news!


Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.