Wednesday 31 August 2016

RECIPE: Banana Loaf // Blogging Anniversary

Today marks the day that I've been blogging for 3 whole years! My blog has changed a lot since then from the name and web page to the design and what I like to blog about most. So today I thought I'd write one of my favourite kinds of posts - baking! It's also fallen on a Wednesday which, as most of you will know is Bake Off day! Last week as the first episode of the new series aired I posted a recipe on Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, so Wednesday's on Abigail's World could become days for everything baking!


Today's recipe is Banana Loaf which I made a couple of weeks ago and it went down a treat! I originally found the recipe here on BBC Good Food and although I had to alter the cooking time, it was delicious, so if you're a banana lover the recipe is below.


Ingredients:

140g butter (softened)
140g caster sugar
2 eggs
140g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2 bananas (mashed)
50g icing sugar
(optional) banana chips for decoration


Method:

1. Heat the oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.

2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs slowly with some flour. Then fold in the rest of the flour with the baking powder and banana.

3. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for about 30 mins, however mine took slightly longer and baked until a skewer came out clean.

4. Set aside to cool once cooked and make the icing. Mix the icing with 2-3 tsp of water and drizzle over the top of the banana loaf and add the banana chips to decorate.


I really enjoyed baking (and eating) this Banana Loaf, and I can't wait to bake it again soon!




Follow

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make banana loaf but never have. Might have to steal your recipe, love the icing on top of it!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.