Sunday 20 July 2014

How I clean my Make-up Brushes

Here's a little post on how I clean my make-up brushes, I know everyone has their own way so this is mine. It's quick and easy with only 4 steps, cleaning make-up brushes is usually a tedious thing to do but it's not hard, I find waiting for them to dry the hardest just in case I need to use them!



Here (above) are the brushes before cleaning them.



Step 1: Some of you may use a special soap to clean your brushes but I know many of you will just use shampoo. I have been using this sample sized Diptyque shampoo and the first step is to fill your hand basin with water and then (if you're right handed, like I am) in your left hand pour some of the shampoo, just a normal amount in the palm of your hand and also dip the brush into the water.


Step 2: The next step is to lather the wet brush in the shampoo in your hand until it's clean. You might have to repeat steps 1 and 2 again depending on how much make-up your brushes have on them.


Step 3: The next step is to rinse the brush from shampoo with cold water under the tap facing down. I always try to do it this way so it's just the brush part that is getting wet.


Step 4: For the final step after I've 'towel-dried' the brushes I leave them laid down on a towel to dry completely.


Ta-daaaa! There you have it, now you can enjoy having some lovely smelling clean make-up brushes!


Abigail x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.