Sunday 30 August 2015

Strawberry & Lemon Meringues Recipe

Another bit of baking I've done lately is little meringues. These didn't exactly go to plan with how they look, I think they look more like macaroons but oh well they still taste just as they should! I was originally going to make something like a Lemon Meringue Pie but I thought this was a much easier option and then I can make different flavours too. Why not try adding Nutella instead of the lemon/strawberry?




Makes around 10 completed 'sandwiches'

Ingredients:

2 egg whites
150g sugar
pinch of salt
tea spoon of vanilla essence
strawberry jam
lemon curd

Method:

1. Line two baking trays with baking paper and pre-heat the oven to 90 degrees C.

2. Whisk the eggs until foamy, add the salt and whisk again.

3. Slowly add the sugar and keep whisking.

4. Add the vanilla essence and whisk again until the mixture becomes stiff.

5. Use a spoon or a piping bag to when dotting them onto the baking sheets and place in the oven for up to 2 hours. I thought this sounded like a long time from the recipe I looked at but I baked mine for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

6. When they're done allow them to cool and then choose either Strawberry Jam or Lemon Curd to spread on one and place another on top to create a sandwich/

7. Then they're ready to tuck into and eat.

Let me know if you decide to recreate this recipe, I'd love to know how it turns out!


Follow

1 comment:

I appreciate every one of your lovely comments, thank you.